Monday, December 19, 2011

Why Can't We Choose Where Our Tax Money Goes?



This is something I've thought about for a while.   Wouldn't it be nice if there was a small checklist on your W-2 form where you got to choose where your tax money goes?  I know that it probably wouldn't be smart to give people full control over this, because certain programs would inevitably become more popular, and others would be neglected.  But even if we had control over only 10% of where our tax money goes I think it would definitely boost the countries morale.  Hey, maybe it could even stop a war or two if no one chose to have their money pay for tanks and guns.  I think this would be awesome.  Somebody please tell me why I'm an idiot.  I'll feel especially stupid if this is already an option we have.  I tend to do my taxes as fast as possible, like ripping off a band-aid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment